fredag 2 oktober 2026

October fest

Or well, I’m hoping for some kind of Oktoberfest, at least. Maybe not like the one in Munich with heaps of beer, but perhaps a smaller, more local celebration here in Växjö—centered around knives. That sounded more than a little loopy, and it is. I don’t know what I was thinking there.


You know, I was thinking about October. According to my digital calendar, September has come and died. By the way, it’s damn crazy how everything is digital these days. Back in the day, there used to be an analog calendar hanging on the wall. Mind you, it usually showed the previous month because I’d forgotten to flip the page, but still.

Personally, I’m not a fan of this trend. I hate that everything requires an app—that you have to scan a QR code just to access a link or even view a restaurant menu. I don’t want to create new accounts to handle every little thing. I don’t want to talk to robots when I need to complain that my latest robot isn’t working. On top of that, everything has to connect to Wi-Fi. Even my coffee maker and fridge can go online. My fridge can actually complain about being too warm while I’m away traveling! Shut your trap, you damn freezer—I’m in Italy; it’s about to hit forty degrees here, so top that if you can!

And we haven't even gotten to all the passwords, codes, and verifications yet. Are you a robot? No, but I’ve been trying to tell your robot colleague that my robot at home isn't working!!

Oktoberfest knife from Vosteed, the Raccoon Doodle Monster


It’s a good thing knives are analog. That way, we can probably still have an "Oktoberfest" of sorts. There will be plenty of knife-throwing action and talk of throwing knives. I plan to review TacticalEdgedDojo's Spike DC, as well as showcase a few others I’ve had for a while but haven’t gotten around to showing off yet—specifically the Zitoon Knives The Devil's Claw Light, Throwingzone Wayflyer, and Bodomar Chef.

For those who don’t care for flying knives, there will also be reviews of folding knives, namely the Al Mar Rescue Assist and Vosteed Raccoon. I also intend to take a closer look at a fixed-blade knife or two, such as the Joker Ranger.

Of course, I’m always snapping photos, so there will definitely be a "Picture of the Day," and perhaps some news—though I’ll have to come up with a news item first.

Greetings, ladies (?) and gentlemen!


/ J - suddenly longing for a beer

#knivesandbikes #knivigtvarre

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar