lördag 10 juni 2023

New Knife - QSP Kestrel

Kestrel is the name of this knife. QSP have a habit of naming most of their knife models after birds although the last one I featured was a swordfish. The last time I checked, they weren't very good at flying, at least not for any longer distances.

I don't know if this knife is slender enough to live up to its namesake. But it is beautiful after all. It was that and especially the proportions on the clip-point blade that made me look twice.

QSP Kestrel


The first impression of the knife is that it is very well made, like most things that come from QSP. The Q in the name stands for "Quality" and the company lives up to that. Here it is underlined by a handle made of very fine Micarta and accentuated by sympathetic action. The knife is both easy to open and close.

Those are some of my first or rather second impressions. My first was that the knife is smaller than I expected. As often, reading measurements is not enough for me. I sometimes get an idea that isn't always right. After all, it is clearly stated on the website that the knife is only 17.5 cm long with a blade of 73 mm.

In addition to what is seen here, you also get a nice clip in titanium and ceramic ball bearings. Overall a very nice little knife that I have every reason to return to!


/ J - looking towards the sky

#knivesandbikes #knivigtvarre

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar