måndag 18 september 2023

New Knives - Zitoon The Devil's Claw

Time for a new set of competition knives I thought. Sure I like my current set of no-spin knives too but somehow I'm dying to try more neutrally balanced knives. The ones I now throw the most with are markedly handle-heavy.

Based on that thought, the step is not that far from these knives from Zitoon Knives called The Devil's Claw

Not only do they meet that requirement, but they are also pointier than my old ones. A feature I was looking for after I missed a number of throws in competition due to my knives not sticking in the planks that make up the targets in both silhouette throwing and long-distance despite good hits. That can frustrate any knife thrower.

Zitoon Knives The Devil's Claw



Zitoon Knives is a small French company that produces knives of the highest quality. I already have some models from them such as Spinning Dagger, Spinner, and The Iron Mistress. However, they are all intended for rotational throwing. 

But now it was time for a set of no-spin knives. As I said, the first choice is between more neutral knives and handle heavy ditto and the second is about weight. In general, it can be said that the limit is around 250 grams. Anything below that and down towards the competition limit of 195g can be considered light and anything over as heavy. These belong to the more heavy category.

Just under 25cm long and a whopping 8mm thick is The Devil's Claw


Concretely, this means that The Devil's Claw weighs 270 g. The length is 245 mm and the thickness 8 mm. The height of the handle varies between 18.9 mm and 24 mm. The steel used is Hardox. It makes for an extremely solid knife. But it must be admitted that the model is perhaps a bit too heavy for me. But it remains to be seen when I get used to throwing them. Should it be that way, there is actually a lighter version of this knife. With the help of a hole in the blade, the weight is then reduced to approx. 210 grams.

But I will come back to what suits me best. What I can tell immediately, however, is that as usual with products from Zitoon, they are very well made. Now I will find out how they fly out of my hands.


Zitoon Knives



/ J - in throwing mode

#knivesandbikes #knivigtvarre

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar