tisdag 18 januari 2022

How to remove a head with a knife


How to remove a head in the best way? An effective way is to use an almost worn out knife from, for example, Bahco. It should be worn because it gives a narrower and shorter blade to more easily follow the curvature between the atlas and axis vertebrae (cervicales) in the neck. First a quick incision through the skin and muscles behind the cheekbones. It is important to find the entrance so as not to dull the edge and then let the blade follow up and then down again between the vertebrae while you turn the wrist slightly. Then a firm grip around the snout so that the head does not fall to the floor and then a last long powerful cut to completely remove the head from the body. It's fast and painless, I've done it THOUSANDS of times.

Of course, I'm talking about pigs, already dead ones. I worked as a butcher for a period of my life. The work was performed in a cold store after weighing in but before the rest of the procedure.

This knife is not worn enough yet, too long and wide for the specific purpose


The reason for the somewhat macabre introduction is a discussion I had recently with a representative of a very well-known knife brand regarding the review of some of their products. It turned out that they have a policy that I find completely ridiculous. Due to that, I wrote the following post on Instagram

"Not tough enough" This is an example of some really tough folding knives. The one in the middle, EKA Swede 60, is the knife I got during my military service in the Navy, by the way. But they all got one thing in common, they are apparently not nearly as hardcore as a brand that is not represented. Their representative recently told me I can't test certain models because they are for "professionals" only. They must be more deadly than a laser sword from Star Wars. Talk about believing their own sales pitch.

 

"Not tough enough" I named the picture. Examples of some other at least equally competent folding knives from manufacturers who do not make fool of themselves


What was ridiculous in this context was that the argument made was that they would somehow be more qualified than me to test a knife. The English word "professionals" is used in this context for persons found in the military, coast guard, police, emergency services and similar positions. But regardless of whether they are firefighters, ambulance personnel, mountain rescuers, etc., or even the police or the military, they do not use KNIVES mainly. Except if they might happen to be hunters, fishermen or like to camp and hike in their spare time, that is.

About myself I can say that if you add up the time I use to use, test, compare, take pictures of and review knives, it amounts to maybe two hours a day and has done so for the last seven or eight years. In addition, I cook and appreciate a good chef's knife and like to be outdoors in general. Also, as I said, I used to work as a butcher when I was younger. This meant that you worked with a knife for many hours a day. Nowadays I am also a knife thrower, which means another 375 hours of knife training just last season (May to November) in addition to everything else knife-related.

The argument becomes even more amusing as I, like all other men my age in this country, have completed my military service. In this case, a time in the Navy as one of the Navy's first dog handlers in the early 1990s. This is obviously an important argument if you are American. But, I got that experience as well. 

But I would not be qualified to handle and review a, excuse the expression, damned folding knife?

The truth is that they do not want to see their "super duper death machines" on an Instagram account that does not contain lots of weapons, camo clothes and combat vehicles in the background. They obviously want to perpetuate the myth that knives are deadly weapons in the hands of "wet operators". Extremely infantile in my eyes.


 / J - has now calmed down


PS. There are more brands to test

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar