fredag 9 februari 2024

Friday-EDC "Satyr"

Fimbulwinter is talked about in the sagas. It would last for three years and portend Ragnarök -  the end of days. It may not be that bad so far, but it's starting to eat away at the psyche now. The other day it was bare ground where I live and some feelings of spring appeared, even if the calendar grimly reminds that the new year is barely a baby yet. It was underlined by the fact that some Snowdrops were first seen at my father's house, only to now be covered with snow.

I am already fed up and there is no comfort to be found from our friends at the Swedish Meteorological Services. They claim that the cold and thus the snow intends to stay for a while longer. Why do I care about that? Well, because a lot of what I like to do is outdoors and NOT in snow.

First, I can't ride a bike. Or rather, of course I can, but it's not as satisfying. Once you're up and running and commuting and training, you can cycle in any damn weather. Getting started, however, requires a bit more motivating weather, at least it applies to me. And that is not what prevails at the moment.

Then you can't throw a knife, which makes me really frustrated. A quick look at last year's training diary shows that things were different last winter. It was quick and painless and there was thus a lot of training. I'm looking forward to getting the season started and not least participating in some online competitions.

After that jeremiad, however, it can be stated that the day is quite good in a slightly different way.

"Satyr"


I'm sitting at work writing these lines on my breakfast break. In the pocket is the latest addition to the knife pile. I have it at work to get more usage as a basis for the coming review. The kitchen environment offers many small jobs, not least in the form of opening all kinds of packaging. 

The knife in question comes from Artisan Cutlery and has been named Satyr. The model is a collaboration with Cerberus Knives who are responsible for the design and Artisan for the rest. It's not a simple piece but one of their top models which includes titanium in the handle and S90V in the blade. Add a lot of milling time for details like patterns and clips.

The other gadgets are currently found in jacket pockets along with an Army 7 from Victorinox. Now back to the pots. Today a Tikka masala with Naan bread and rice will be prepared.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar