onsdag 7 februari 2024

New Knife - Artisan Cutlery Satyr

Shall I be honest? In that case, I have to admit that it was by no means "love at first sight" between me and Artisan Cutlery. I've reviewed a couple of their knives in the past. However, they were not my knives but borrowed ones and therefore not selected by me. Consequently, they didn't match my taste either. Also, they had some features I didn't appreciate.

But a lot of water has flowed under the bridges and close to six years have passed since then. So it's time for a new "old acquaintance". And it's not just any knife that's up for grabs, but the steaming fresh Satyr!

A new knife from Artisan Cutlery


This model is the result of a collaboration between Cerberus Knives, who designed the knife, and Artisan Cutlery, which is responsible for the rest. As you can see, the knife has a rather discreet appearance. If it's on the verge of boring or elegant and stylish can be discussed. I claim the latter with those gorgeous sweeping lines. Just beautiful!

Despite its seemingly simple exterior, there are some details to discover on this knife. One such is the intricate milled pattern found on most of the handle.

Artisan Cutlery Satyr


The exterior is characterized by a sober gray color scheme of which the fairly tall blade forms one-half. It's a drop point albeit it is borderline a straight blade. The material is nothing to be ashamed of either or how about a decent piece of CPM S90V? From that, you get 85 mm with a  stock thickness of 3.2 mm. 

It is, by the way, the thin format that characterizes the entire knife, which means that despite a metal handle and a total length of just under twenty centimeters, 197 mm, the knife weighs in at a meager 109g.

The material in the handle is of course titanium and the same metal is found in the milled clip. Just top notch material in other words. Now it remains to be seen if the theoretical muscles are matched by an equally good practical performance. That, my friends, you will get to see in my review of this knife.


Artisan Cutlery



/ J - rekindling an old acquaintance

#knivesandbikes #knivigtvarre

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar