tisdag 5 april 2022

Guest Instagrammer?

I do not know whether "guest Instagrammer" is an established word or phrase. But if it isn't, it must be. A new word simply. I am one now and thus it exists!

In short, it means that I have taken over and run the Karesuandokniven Instagram account for a while to come.

Damn fun I must say! If you haven't checked them out before, go and do it now!
 
Newer and older favorites from the Karesuandokniven. Metsiämes L belt ax, Uraka and Galten


Of course, it was a great honor to be asked. I already have a very good relationship with the Karesuandokniven as a brand. It all started with a knife that I got in the early 90s. The model is called Järven (The Wolverine) and is still in the catalog. Only such a thing shows the continuity of the company.

Then I have another couple of knives from them which also accompanied me for a while and which both have a special place in my knife heart. Both are gifts! The first, a "Haren" is a gift from a reader of this blog who donated the knife to me a few years ago. Extremely appreciated I can say! Especially as it happened at a time when I was not feeling very well and might need encouragement. The other is no less appreciated either as it is a gift from my mother! It's a "Uraka". Wonderful little knife by the way.

However, the latest additions from Karesuando up north are not knives but actually axes. I realized that my collection of edged tools suffered from an unforgivable shortage. It contained no axes! A detail that has now been adjusted with a couple of Metsiämes.

They must, of course, be both thoroughly tested and presented in more detail at a later time. But I can already say that I have benefited greatly from them. The first task included coconuts and the second discarded knife throwing targets. Not the most common chores for an ax from Swedish Lapland.


/ J - the guest Instagrammer

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar