lördag 14 maj 2022

New Knife - Throwingzone Scalpel

It was with great anticipation that I unpacked these knives. They have been long-awaited, you know! Scalpel as the model is called are handmade so they take some time to get and in the meantime, you (read "I") have time to grow impatient.

There are several reasons for my high expectations. I already have very good experiences with knives from Throwingzone.fr and the man behind that company, Guillaume Henry. The first model I tested that was designed and manufactured by him was the Bug Osetr TZ which was released under the name Biting Metal* and I really like them. But I also have a set of Patriot Dagger från WL Custom Blade that are not only sold by Throwingzone but also made by them. They are also really good knives!

Design by Guillaume Henry
Throwingzone Scalpel


But above all, it was Scalpel's format that attracted me. It completely breaks with what I usually throw with. These knives are long and very light in relation to that. Most other knives I have are heavier with a more compact feel.

However, to be honest, I already have a knife that is very close to what I think I can expect from these knives and it is Graf Knives model Corsica. It weighs in at a light 195 g distributed on 27.5 cm. That is, fairly close to the dimensions and weight of these knives.

The Scalpels are made of 6 mm Swedish Hardox steel


Scalpel measures almost a full 29.5 cm with a thickness of 6 mm. It gives a weight of 203g according to my scale. When the formats are then combined with this look with a needle-sharp tip and a short edge, it really lives up to the name, it's a precision tool, a scalpel.

Now all that remains is to test them too!





/ J 

#knivesandbikes #knivigtvarre

Biting Metal is a pun that alludes to throwing knives and Henry's Youtube channel where he calls himself  Abeille Métallique or the metal bee. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar