måndag 3 juni 2024

Summer is icumen in - or in the middle of it all

Actually, maybe it's not exactly "the middle of summer" but it feels like it when I write this. It's hot behind the keyboard. Yesterday it was oppressively hot with thunderstorms in the background and even today it is really summery with a bright sun and cumulus clouds growing high up. You know the ones that can turn into thunder if they start to look like an anvil with a flat top.

High summer heat with thunderclouds in the background


Otherwise, you can always take a look at a calendar to confirm the season. It firmly claims that we have now entered June. And no matter how you spin it, it's one of those three holy months. At least in Sweden, it is! We have a very long winter around here. Now is the time for it to happen! All that stuff you planned to do "this summer". It is now. Your moment is right now! Do not forget that.

Review item sunbathing, SRM 401

Even on the knife front, it's summer. Above all, it means that I have a lot to do. Something that is extremely positive but also a bit stressful. This partly means that I have a certain backlog of knives that must be reviewed at the same time as new ones have been acquired. They must be tested and photographed, and then a text must be written, edited, proofread, etc. At some point, I will probably try to balance knives coming in with texts going out. 

But not yesterday, today, or tomorrow. For the simple reason that when the sun is shining, I feel like outdoor activities, and one of the main ones right now is knife throwing. So there has been a lot of that during May. I will return to why in an upcoming post. But there is one goal that is getting closer and closer in time, I can reveal. 

Otherwise, I'm testing a bunch of knives at the moment. There are folding knives from brands such as CJRBSencutQSPSRM, and Karesuandokniven, but also fixed blades to be reviewed from, among others, Brisa, ANVand Al Mar. In addition to that, some reviews are underway on throwing knives. There are knives from Yggdrasil Forge,  Zitoon Knivesand WL Custom Blade up for scrutiny.

I have probably forgotten something. The heat rises to my head. I'll probably trade my coffee cup next to the computer for a cold beer, I believe.


/ J - your faithful knife reviewer

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar