Inconsistency, with a touch of confusion, is part of what defines me. That is why today’s "picture" isn't a picture at all, but rather a short video clip from the weekend's activities.
The weather was simply perfect—ideal for knife throwing. Consequently, the scheduled Saturday training session turned into an extended affair involving socializing and even more throwing. Instead of wrapping up during the planned 9–11 a.m. slot, I didn't get home until well into the afternoon. All of this took place under brilliant sunshine, with unseasonably warm temperatures and a gentle breeze.
The following day, I headed up to the cottage (where the throwing range is located) because one of my throwing knives—a Zitoon Albatros —was to serve as the tie-breaker for a trivia walk. The question was simply: "How much does the knife weigh?" The answer is: more than you might think. It is, after all, quite short and compact. But as for the actual figure... I think I’ll keep that to myself for now!
A beautiful autumn day, perfect for knife throwing!
However, it is not that knife being used here, but three others. Two of them actually also come from the French company Zitoon Knives. First is the thin, slender piece I carry in a sheath at the small of my back. Known as the *Dague commémorative*, it is a throwing-knife interpretation of the classic British commando knife from World War II—the Fairbairn-Sykes. Its name reflects its creation as a tribute to D-Day—a fitting connection, given that the company is based in Normandy.
The second knife is also a tribute—this time to a famous French Michelin-starred chef named Philippe. That is the name of the model, which is naturally based on a chef's knife.
The third knife is called the "Spike DC" and could arguably be considered a cross between a knife and a *bo shuriken*. It is larger than usual but thinner than most knives, with the exception of stilettos. However, it offers impressive penetration and flies well. It is an interesting piece that I am currently reviewing. It comes from the Chinese manufacturer TacticalEdgedDojo—or TeDojo , as they are also known.
Then there is the weight of the poor bird—does anyone happen to know it? It weighs in at 475 g. That is quite substantial for a knife no longer than 33 cm.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar