torsdag 4 februari 2021

New Knife - Brisa Borka 90

If not everyone is familiar with the Brisa knife brand, it's not so strange. The reason is that the brand until recently was called Enzo. These are thus the same knife models in question, even though the catalog has been expanded and they are now more numerous than before. It was the Finnish company Brisa's own knife range that changed name to more clearly show who is behind the knives.

Brisa Knives


Besides ready-made knives, they sell everything that has to do with knife making and handicraft. Here you can find materials that extend across the entire range from leather, wood, and stabilized mammoth tusk to high-tech G10, Kydex, and carbon fiber. From simple knife maker kits to super steels in bulk. And of course all kinds of tools associated with the craft. In short, everything that a knifemaker might need or just want.

But as I said, they also have their own knife brand and this is a good representative. The model is called Borka 90 and has been around for a while.

Brisa Borka 90


I already own a couple of knives marked Enzo. These are two Necker 70s in different versions, one with a scandi-grind and birch handle and the other with an FFG blade with a black polished Micarta handle. But also a folding knife, Birk 75, which I incidentally reviewed here on the blog a long time ago. That knife gave me a taste for more. I was convinced that the small shortcomings it has are better at Borka. A larger handle with rounder shapes among other things.

Now it must be admitted that we are talking about two different types of knives. Birk is more of an EDC knife that with its scandi grind also fits in the forest while Borka is a foldable bushcraft knife that can also be used as an EDC if you see what I mean.

Borka is a sturdy knife with a nine-centimeter long blade of N690. The handle is made of green Micarta and a powerful back lock provides security. What distinguishes it and makes it if not unique then at least unusual is the grind. There are still not many folding knives with a true scandi-grind on the market, but this was one of the first and perhaps best.

The latter remains to be seen and I will of course write about my findings in a later review. But I can reveal that I therefore long even more for slightly warmer times so it will be more comfortable to spend time outdoors. 

Brisa.fi


/ J - looking eastwards

#knivesandbikes  #knivigtvarre

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hey Fellow Scandi-Lover, Great Blog! I have a Q for you... Other than the clip and the nested liners... is there any difference between the two generations of Borkas? Is there any difference in handle thickness? Cheers!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. That is very good questions! Unfortenately I don't know. This is the only Borka I've handled. And I only have two folding knives from Brisa (former Enzo). Besides this I have a Birk 75 as well. But some fixed blades are on the way from Finland as I write this!

      Radera