måndag 20 november 2023

New Knife - Zitoon No Reload

Actually, this is the wrong time of year to buy new throwing knives. In any case, if you, like me, live in Sweden, and don't have access to anywhere indoors to throw and it's November.

But it was actually for that very reason that these knives were bought in the first place. Not because it's dark, rainy, snowy and shitty but because it happens to be my birthday this month and this was my gift to myself.

As I am initially extremely satisfied with the first impressions of my The Devil's Claw, it felt quite naturally to look at another set from Zitoon Knives. The only thing I'm a bit puzzled about is actually the weight of them. They weigh around 270 grams and thus belong to the heavier category of No spin knives. 

For that reason, I looked at a couple of other models, including the ones here called No Reload.

Zitoon Knives No ReLoad


The "No ReLoad" knives are available in several different variants and some of them or maybe all of them, which I'm not sure about, are produced in collaboration with Joel Holopainen. He is one of the world's most prominent no-spin throwers.

All versions are the same length, 25 cm, but the knives are available in several different thicknesses, 5,6 and 8 mm. The first two are thin and thus also light, they weigh in at 175 and 210 grams respectively. In other words, the lightest ones are not even approved for competition. 

The eight millimeter monster, on the other hand, weighs as much as my devil claws and thus fell away. To complicate matters, this model is also available in a version called "Big". It is also 25 cm long, 6 mm thick but still heavier than the regular variant. It weighs 250 g.

But I wanted something lighter to supplement with, at least for now. Therefore, the choice fell on these, No ReLoad, 6 mm

My technique is in development which means that I am still experimenting with different varieties of knives. Even if it doesn't happen at the moment in this damn weather. It's dark when I leave home to go to work and it's pitch black when I finish. Very frustrating if you are a knife thrower!

Just waiting for brighter times or at least days to test them properly.



Zitoon Knives


/ J - a bit frustrated

#knivesandbikes #knivigtvarre

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar