torsdag 2 juni 2022

May, a summary

It's time to sum up the month of May from a knife throwing point of view. A somewhat narrow focus on a blog text perhaps considering that others are writing chronicles about the state of the world, including the refugee situation, the war in Europe, the consequences of Brexit and that the climate is screwed up and that "all politicians are stupid".

I think about the big questions intensely for a while at a time, then I let them go. Otherwise I'll go crazy I think! Let us flee into our interests for a while to regain peace of mind and thus the strength to deal with the rest.

But there is always something that get in the way of the planning. Last time I wrote something on the subject it was Covid and this time it's severe back pain. It not only stopped the throwing periodically but also made it impossible for me to cycle to the extent I had hoped.

My most used knives in May are the Woodpecker from Pierre Cazoulat
My most used knives in May, Pierre Cazoulat Woodpecker


Despite this, there were some activity on this front. A solid work week was spent on my throwing range or 40 hours and 20 minutes to be exact. Actually it's more since I do not include certain elements such as preparing the targets. But anyway, during that time, I managed to throw pieces of sharp metal 16985 times. 

Around seventeen thousand throws can sound a lot or a little depending on the frame of reference. But in my case it is not very much. It is partly explained by that there has been a focus on Walk Back, which takes longer simply because you have to walk more and that I note the results. That takes some time too. But mostly it's because of the reason I mentioned in the beginning. It has in fact contributed to me not being able to throw as I want even when I have been on the range.

these models from Acejet are also widely used, Appache, Guillotine, Stinger and Excalibur.
These knives from Acejet are also frequently exercised


The absolute majority are thrown using the Woodpecker from Pierre Cazoulat. They are my first choice for rotational throwing in the discipline Walk back but are also the knives I use for warm up*. This resulted in 6402 throws.

My new Throwingzone Scalpel got around 1700 throws. That they were not used more is due to the fact that they didn't arreive until the middle of the month. Acejet Excalibur has got a little more time with a few hundred more throws, 1798. Mostly because they are so flexible and can be used for almost all types of throwing, Military half spin, No spin, rotational throwing and both under and overhand throws. Two other models from Acejet are also frequently used, Guillotine with just over two thousand throws and Stinger with 2100 throws. They are still my "number one" when it comes to No spin even though both the Guillotines and Scalpels have quickly become contenders to the throne. There was a little less throws with the WL Custom Blade Patriot Spinner this month. I use them mostly for precision throws from 3m. 

This model called Scalpel is also widely used
These newcomers from Throwingzone work their way into the statistics too. The model is called Scalpel


Now summer is soon here and with yesterday's weather you could think that it almost happened. But only almost. Today it is really gray, cloudy and a cooler. But the question is whether there can't be some throws anyway. If so, the figures above will become obsolete. It is the disadvantage of summing up something prematurely. Maybe that applies to the state of the world as well? I hope so anyway.


/ J - the "relapsethrower"

*Woodpeckers are also the heaviest knives I own, which makes them suitable for the purpose. The weight is about 460 g. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar