lördag 30 juli 2022

New Knives - Acejet Raven II


It's summer and some knife throwing is a necessity! Or at least for me and then some new knives can't hurt.

These knives were much anticipated, I can say. Not just because on paper they seemed to have just the specifications that work with my way of throwing. They looked very all-around, perhaps with the exception of pure rotational throwing but for everything else.*

But above all, I hoped that this model would be the answer with a capital A or perhaps rather the solution to the fears presented in my text about Eurothrower's new rules. Those who would ban other favorites from Acejet such as Stinger and Excalibur. 

Nya knivar från Acejet, designade av Adam Celadin
De nya Raven II från Acejet, designade av Adam Celadin



Raven II as these knives are called, meet all the requirements they set. With their 248 grams, they weigh well above the minimum limit of 195 grams. The shape also means that the handle meets the criteria that the knife must be at least 2 cm wide over a distance of at least five centimeters. However, it is not with a margin. 

Then there was the "blade" which is marked by a minimal "finger guard" and underlined by an edge that is also legal in the sense that it exceeds one-third of the knife length. All parameters are met in other words. I actually do not think it is a coincidence. 

That is also why I chose this specific model as Raven is also available in two other versions. Raven I is a little straighter in shape, lacks a "finger guard" and has a shorter edge, which also disqualifies it from the regulations mentioned above. Raven III is more like a "Stinger" but with a finger guard. This means that it meets the competition rules, but since the handle is symmetrical, I chose version II instead. It gives more flexibility in use as you can achieve two different effects depending on how you choose to turn the knife. Flat on the top but arched on the underside.

Then this knife is a bit interesting in that it is made in Acejet's "Shadow Steel". The finish is thus dark in some black/purple tone. Nice looking but I'm very happy I have a metal detector is all I have to say about that!

I will return with a detailed review of what this knife is like to throw in a not too distant future.





/ J - slightly exalted

* For those who wonder what I mean by that, it includes No spin, Military half spin, Instinctive half spin, underhand throw both with the index finger on the blade spine and Military half-spin grip, as well as back-hand variants of these throwing techniques. Then I also include variants of rotational throwing such as "punch" and Wave/Skanff-inspired techniques.

#knivesandbikes #knivigtvarre

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar